KRISTIE SE ROMANY CREAMS COOKIES
300g Cooking Margarine at room temperature
5 1/2 Cups of Flour
1 Cup of Sugar
4 Eggs at room temperature
240ml Cocoa Powder
300ml Boiling Water
30ml Baking Powder
5ml Vanilla Essence
Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for The Filling:
300g Baking Margarine
60ml Cocoa Powder
200ml Icing Sugar
Method for the Romany Creams Cookies:
1. Cream the margarine and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Now in a separate bowl add the coconut.
4. In another separate bowl add the boiling water and cocoa powder and mix well, add the coconut and mix well till it forms a paste but is still liquid like in consistency.
5. Now add the flour, baking powder and salt to the dough mixture and mix with the electric mixer.
6. Now add the cocoa and coconut mixture and mix well till the dough is the right consistency but it must not be dry it must be buttery so that you can roll the dough in your hand without it sticking to your hands.
7. Now put your oven on 180Degrees.
8. After the oven has been heated, spray baking trays with cook and spray.
9. Roll the romany creams cookie dough in circles and press down on the baking tray so that it form disks.
10. Try to form medium size disks.
11. Bake in the oven for 10-15min.
12. Let all the romany creams cookies cool down.
Method for the Filling:
1. In a mixing bowl add the baking margarine, icing sugar and cocoa powder.
2. Mix well till you can see that it is forming a dark, rich and creamy filling.
3. After your romany creams have been cooled down, spread an evenly amount on one side of the cookie disk and press down with another cookie disk.
4. Place in cookie jars after you filled them.
5. The romany creams cookies fill 2 jars of cookies.
6. Serve and enjoy with coffee or tea!
Source and photo: Kristie Townsend