BAKED FRANGELICO CHEESECAKE WITH ORANGE AND HONEY GLAZE
500g Full Fat Cream Cheese
250ml Coconut Cream
180ml Castor Sugar
2 Cups of Flour
5ml Vanilla Essence
120ml Frangelico Liqueur
400g Shortcrust Pastry
Ingredients for the Orange and Honey Glaze:
2 Cups Icing Sugar Sifted
Juice of 1 Big orange
3 Teaspoons Maizena
3 Tablespoons Honey
1. Put the oven on 180Degrees Celsius.
2. Take the shortcrust pastry and press in a springtin cake pan and bake in the oven for 30min. till golden.
3. Remove and let cool after baking.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the cheesecake in a mixing bowl till well mixed.
5. Add the mixture onto the shortcrust pastry and bake in the oven on 180Degrees Celsius for 45min. till the cheesecake is firm and a testing stick comes out clean.
6. After the cheesecake has baked remove from the oven and remove the round side of the springform cake pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
7. In a small pot add all the ingredients for the glaze and let cook on high till a paste form.
8. Set aside and put in the deep freeze to cool.
9. After it is cooled and the cheesecake is cooled, throw the glaze over the cheesecake.
Source and photo: Kristie Townsend