KRISTIE’S DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
Ingredients for the Chocolate Cake:
4 Cups Flour
30ml Baking Powder
1 Cup White Sugar
Pinch of salt
125ml Cocoa Powder
250ml Boiling water
5 ml Vanilla Essence
Ingredients for the Icing:
250g Baking Margarine
160ml Cocoa Powder
90ml Castor Sugar
1 Can of Treat Caramel
Method for the Chocolate Cake:
1. Put the oven on 180Degrees.
2. Sift the Flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
3. Mix the eggs and the water in a jug.
4. Now add the eggs and water mixture to the flour mixture and mix well till all is mixed well.
5. Now add the cocoa powder and the boiling water in a small jug and mix well so that there are no lumps.
6. Now add the cocoa mixture to the rest of the cake mixture together with the oil and mix well till cake like consistency.
7. Now put the cake mixture in two round cake tins after you sprayed it with spray and cook and bake in the oven on the medium shelf for 30-45min.
8. After the cake has been baked remove from the oven and put on the cooling rack to cool.
Method for the Icing:
1. Take the margarine and cocoa powder and mix well.
2. Add the castor sugar and mix well again.
3. Now add half of the treat to the icing mixture and mix well.
4. After the cakes have cooled down, spread the other half of the can of treat on the first layer.
5. Put the second layer on the first layer and cover with icing.
6. Serve & Enjoy!
Source and Photo: Kristie Townsend