CHARLTON’S CHOCOLATE CAKE
1. 8 egg yolks + 3 cups of sugar (beat together till creamy)
2. 4 tspn vanilla essence + 1 cup oil (add to the egg mixture)
3. 4 cups of flour, tspn salt + 4 tspn baking powder (sieve together and add to the egg mixture, batter will be very stiff?)
4. 1 cup butter milk (add to the mixture and mix well)
5. 4 tspn cocoa + 2 tspn coffee ( mix it with 1/4 cup boiling water and allow to cool down completely then add to the rest of the mixture….do this first and put a side to cool?
6. 6 egg whites + 1/2 tspn bicarbonate (beat till stiff and fold into the mixture?
7. Prepare two cake pans and device mixture into it.
8. Bake at 180°c till middle is dry.
1. 1 Can caramel + 250ml cream (whip cream till stiff and fold caramel in, keep some caramel to spread between cakes)
2. Spread the caramel and cream mixture over the cake.
Pssssst….allow cake to cool completely before decorating.
Enjoy this very fluffy and easy choc cake
SOURCE – Charlton Leonard Petersen