- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. (You can use paper muffin cups if you want to.)
Prepare the filling:
- Microwave 8-ounce package cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese on low for 40 sec. to melt.
- Mix in a few drops of Fiori di Sicilla flavour ( optional) and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl whip the eggs, oil and water.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry. Add 1 cup grated carrots. Stir.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of dough in each muffin cup. Put a tablespoon of filling on top.
- Fill the rest space with dough about 3/8 inches of the top. You can bake the rest of the dough if you wish.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 min.
- Displace form oven and transfer to their cups. Let cool for half an hour.
Yield: 12 cupcakes