WORK IN AN ORGANIZED FASHION
Follow this routine WHENEVER you bake ANYTHING, no matter how small. It will soon become a habit and baking will be a pleasure for the rest of your life.
1) Read the recipe right through to the end, ingredients and method. Make sure that you understand each technique.
2) Check that you have all the ingredients AND all the equipment on hand, including the right size baking tins or dishes.
BEFORE you start mixing:
1) Switch on the oven to preheat. (Remember that once the baking powder or bicarbonate of soda is activated the product must be put into the oven without delay, thus add right at the end of mixing process).
2) Prepare your baking tins / dishes, grease, spray with non-stick spray, line, etc.
3) Weigh and measure out ALL the ingredients.
While the product is in the oven, do the following:
1) Put the oven gloves and skewer for testing near the stove.
2) Place the cooling rack in a draught free position.
3) Wash all the dishes, wipe down surfaces and equipment used and clean your kitchen.